My favorite Thanksgiving tradition for the past 3 years has been running a 5K. This year with budgets being a little tight for all, we decided to host our own. We had our own sponsors, running numbers, charity, a celebrity runner, prizes and even a mascot...pretty official don't you think??
our mascot
Me and Tara before the race...
Sorry Julia but this was my favorite picture...and since you won (well out of the important people anyway)...
Unfortunately my camera battery was dying (unheard of I know, a battery of mine dying?? I am usually so prepared) So, I don't have too many pictures and thanks to the photographer, who skipped out on the race, many were blurry...slow down next time...
Anyway, the race was a blast. I finished (Yea!!!), I didn't come in last (Yea!!), and I even found where I am going to build our next house when we make our millions...pretty successful!!
Now I just need to keep running in preparation for the RUN FOR NIE 10K in January...yea...I might just run the 5 again...
3 comments:
uummmm where was my invitation?
Finally someone posts some turkey trot pics! Who was in charge of doing that anyways :) And in regards to the picture of Julia, all I have to say is, NICE!!! Serves her right for devoting her life to beating me in our 5k! Can't wait till next year!
Annie...it was for amateurs ONLY...not for professional marathon runners : ) But really you were out of town...so unless you have an excuse I better see you next year!
Post a Comment