Wednesday, November 12, 2008

tolmachoff farms

We (Hadyn, Dax and I) tagged along on Drake's FIRST big field trip.  We went to Tolmachoff Farms in the west valley, it was no Shnepf's farm but it was fun for a few hours.  I actually learned a few things...guess I should go back to kindergarten.

We started in the corn maze and learned about corn and all the things it is used for...actually very interesting.  My favorite thing I learned is that corn can actually pop on the ear...yes, it does get that hot in AZ.

Then we headed to the fields to pick vegetables...we picked cucumbers, zucchini, radishes, cilantro, onions, and parsley...I felt like I was at Ashley's house...

I learned that cucumbers are a fruit...anything with seeds is a fruit, which I guess I new but never really thought about.

As I was picking radishes our guide said "um, there is a baby wandering away" I turned around (knowing that I was the only crazy one to bring two kids) and Hadyn had decided to leave, she wasn't too far...see the little speck there...yea...now rethinking why I brought two little kids with me to the farm.  Especially now, since I was carrying Dax and 3 bags of vegtables trying to chase down Hadyn...fun...

But, it got better...before lunch the kids went on a fun train ride...they were sooooo cute, I just love these kids...Hadyn loves tagging along and being one of the big kids and Drake is always SO good with her.

Then, we fed the animals...


Mrs. Miller and the class

A fabulous field trip!!!  Can't wait for the next one...and to go home and eat my yummy vegtables...

2 comments:

ashley said...

So fun. Brielle would love to tag along on stuff like that to. I'm dying to see what you did for Hayden's birthday. Iam expecting big things Martha.

The McLaws Family said...

How fun! But still it's just not Schneppfs (sp?) Anyways cute pics and way to hang on to your kids, I so understand!